Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nursery

You are supposed to show off the nursery at baby showers, right? (I've never been to a real shower, so I don't know anything.)

Here is our crib. The blue matches really nicely with our bedroom. My mom made the little blanket that is hanging over the back.
The dogs are really, REALLY suspicious of the mobile. It moves on its own! It plays music! It shines lights onto the ceiling! Clearly this thing with the innocent looking fish cannot be trusted. We've been playing it for them and they don't bark at it any longer, so there is progress. They still snap to attention and watch it very closely when it is on. Sometimes they growl quietly, to let the suspicious fish know that they are being watched.

Here is a picture of how close my desk is to the crib. This baby is going to be introduced to blogging at a very young age.

Here is our stroller and car seat. I love the color.

And so far, that is mostly all we've bought. I squished some of our clothes together to give the baby some room in our dresser. I've been looking at dresser/changing table combos online (I'm using the registries to hold onto the ones I kind of like, that is why there are a bunch of them in there, don't buy those, they are too expensive!) but I am not sure. Plus, we don't really have room for a big piece of furniture. It is entirely possible that the baby will end up with a changing station on top of that Trin's crate. A smaller changing table might fit into the guest bathroom too. We are also planning on getting the bassinet/cradle (for Matt's family tradition, not because I really think we need one) and the high chair that are on my registry. (Again, I never intended for a single second for anyone to buy those, too expensive. I just had them on there for reference for me.) I really like that high chair. It will match my kitchen and it is just so pretty.