Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thank You From Matt

Jen's Magical Internet People,

Thank you sincerely for the generosity you have shown to our new family. Please do not read anything into any pictures of me that were taken during the opening of gifts, I was locked in a real barnburner of a game of NCAA Football 09. I would bet most of you could sympathize with the situation. Jen has literally checked the mail multiple times a day this week and usually comes back in jumping up and down with another package. I watched her stare at her gifts for most of the week, usually egging her on that it's ok if she cheats a bit, but she would not touch them until this afternoon. She carefully opened each one, told me who it was from, and laid out each individual item carefully on the couch while making a very happy and high pitched noise and some random clapping. It's hard moving so often that most of our friends, new and old, are scattered across the country. Having a little event like this meant the world to Jen and I sincerely thank every one who sent gifts and well wishes. I would thank each of you by name, but the list is long and I never get the names correct anyway. So please accept this group thanks from me, our new little girl will feel very spoiled. And I trust that you all know as well as I do, there will be no shortage of pictures of our little girl floating around the internet. I believe I've been instructed to find a way to bring a laptop to the hospital, so you all might be hearing more from me again soon. Thanks very much to all.

Matt

(PS from Jen: He neglected to mention how I would shoot squealing across the house, knocking him out of the way, every time the doorbell rang, in case it was a package. I didn't put up the picture of him yet. But perhaps I will.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt- you BETTER be blogging for Jen while she is at the hospital! grrrr!
You guys are both such wonderful friends to so many. I only wished all of us internet friends lived in the same neighborhood, but doing this virtually has been fun!
xo to you both

Danifred said...

So happy you both enjoyed your day- showers are SO much fun- even for the husbands :)